I always love reading “5 on Friday” posts, so I thought I would join in this week! Hopefully I can make it a weekly thing. I definitely have a very random list of things this week!
1. We went to the Mariners game on May 4th (Star Wars day), and we had so much fun. Robbie got to meet a bunch of Star Wars characters, which he loved.
We also stopped by the Moose Den, where he got to meet the Mariner Moose! He LOVES any costumed character, so he was in heaven.
2. I am loving my Bravo tv lately. Real Housewives of NYC (probably my favorite franchise), Real Housewives of Potomac, Southern Charm, and Below Deck: Mediterranean coming soon! I’m in heaven! I know it is far from quality programming, but I love me some good reality tv….and Bravo is the best.
3. I have read SO MANY good books lately (and I definitely plan on writing about some of them because they were THAT amazing). I have been reading the Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny. SO good! I just finished the series (there are 12 books in total currently), and I liked all of them. I had heard books 2-4 were slow, but I enjoyed them. Highly recommend these books if you love a good old-fashioned mystery. The hard part now is finding something to read next that is just as good! The good news is, the 13th book comes out in August. I’m looking forward to that!
4. I’m a Seattleite, so of course I love my Starbucks. However I haven’t really been drinking Starbucks lately….I kind of go through spurts. After seeing many Instagram posts featuring the iced almond milk cinnamon macchiato, I knew I needed to try it (the iced caramel macchiato is by far my favorite starbucks drink). It was SO good. I have also had the caramel macchiato with Almond milk. Yum.
5. I was never the kind of person who had a million different beauty products, and I would usually try all different things. There are a couple beauty items that I am LOVING. The first is the Tarte Amazonian clay foundation. I LOVE this stuff. I love how it feels, looks, smells, everything. It’s expensive, but it lasts a long time.
I also picked up the Tarte Gifted mascara at the same time that I bought the foundation….I LOVE it. I have had such a hard time lately finding mascara that I like. In fact, I pretty much hate everything. This stuff is awesome. The brush doesn’t get all clumpy, and it makes my lashes look great. I’ll be honest, the packaging is what drew me to it in the first place. The tube is made out of wood and I just love it. Also expensive (at least to me it’s on the expensive side), but totally worth it.